Penguin Playground Day Care
Closed for summer 2018. Please checkout Camp Gokemo for your summer day care needs.
We don't expect you to trust your kids with just anyone. The Okemo Penguin Playground Day Care, located at the Jackson Gore Base Area, is warm, interactive state-licensed facility bustling with activities and fun. Each day, children 6 months to 4 years of age participate in arts and crafts, painting, story telling and singing.
Last (but certainly not least!), if mom and dad are looking for an evening option, be sure to check out our Kids Night Out program, featuring Saturday evening entertainment for children ages 6 months to 12 years of age.
Reservations are required for all daycare programs, especially during weekends and holiday periods when space will fill quickly. Call 802-228-1600.
TIMES TO REMEMBER
Morning and Full-Day Registration
- 8:00 a.m. - 10 a.m. (Weekends and Holiday Periods)
- 8:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. (Midweek)
- 12 p.m. (Morning Session Ends)
- 12:30 p.m. - 1 p.m. (Daily)
- 4 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Half-day afternoon and Full-day sessions end.)
- 4:30 p.m. (Penguin Playground closes for the day.) Late fees apply for picking up your
children after the center closes.
- Full Day: $115 - Save 10% when you make your reservations at least 7 days in advance!
- Half Day: $86 - Save 10% when you make your reservations at least 7 days in advance!
- Sunday Solution (8am-1pm): $95 - Save 10% when you make your reservations at least 7 days in advance!
- Kids' Night Out (ages 6 months - 12 years): $58
SEASON-LONG PROGRAMS *
* If less than 24-hr notice is given for cancellation of a seasonal reservation, you will forfeit the day.
ADULT to CHILD RATIOS
Okemo takes the care of your children seriously. Our adult/child ratios comply with state regulations and our centers staff accordingly:
- 6 months to 23 months - 1:4
- 24 months to 35 months - 1:5
- 3-4 years - 1:10
With advanced notification, arrangements can be made for children requiring smaller group care (physical, learning or developmental special needs). Please contact the Day Care Director to discuss your child's specific needs well in advance of your stay.
HELPFUL HINTS & REMINDERS
- Minimum age is 6 months.
- Label all belongings prior to arrival.
- Download a printable Day Care Information Sheet (PDF).
- Label and supply food, formula bottles (for infants), sippy cups, special toys or blankets.
- The Penguin Playground Day Care is a peanut-free environment. Many chocolate products also contain peanut oil or are processed on machinery that processes nuts. Peanut and chocolate products are not permitted in the Day Care.
- Please supply a sufficient number of disposable diapers/pull-ups and wipes for all children not toilet trained. Please label wipes containers.
- Bring a change of clothes (accidents do happen!) and appropriate outdoor wear.
- Shoes must be worn inside the Center. Slippers and sandals are NOT permitted.
- Please remember to pick up your child promptly at the end of his/her session (12:00 pm morning session; 1:00 pm Sunday Solution; 4:30 pm afternoon and full day sessions; 9:30 pm Kids' Night Out). A charge of $20 per child may be assessed for late pick-ups.
- In order to maintain the integrity of the program, please plan to arrive during check-in times. Please call if you will be arriving late.
- You may need to spend some time while your child adjusts. Always let your child know you are leaving and reassure them that you will return.
- Parents (with proper identification) are welcome to visit at any time.
- Advanced reservations are required. Call 802-228-1600 for more information.
- Reservations are charged in full when booked and are non-refundable. Any change or cancellation requested within 2 days of the lesson date will be charged a fee of 20% of each reservation. Cancellations on the day of will result in a full forfeiture. All balances are good at Okemo for 1 calendar year and can be used around the resort except for culinary and lodging.
- A completed Registration and Information form is required at check-in on the first day of your child’s visit. Please allow sufficient time to complete all necessary paperwork. (This paperwork will be made available to you prior to your arrival so that you may fill it out in advance and bring it with you.)
- You will be issued a security tag at check-in. Individuals picking up children must present the security tag or have two forms of identification (one must be a photo) and their name must be listed on the Registration and Information form.
- Nannies/babysitters/au pairs are not permitted to stay in the Day Care, but may pick up your child with authorization and proper identification.
- Child care professionals will not administer medication. If your child requires medication during his/her stay, it will be your responsibility to administer it.
- If your child will not be arriving by 10 a.m., please inform the center.
ADDITIONAL NOTES FOR PARENTS
- Parents with proper ID will always have access to the Day Care Center.
- As a fully-licensed day care center by the State of Vermont, we are required to report any suspicion of child abuse, whether it be physical, emotional or sexual.
- Should you desire any additional information, or have any concerns about the welfare of your child, please speak directly with our Day Care Director or one of her staff.
- Please notify Day Care staff regarding any special needs, including food allergies or dislikes, and any physical or medical considerations. This information should be detailed on the forms required at registration.
- We endeavor to keep all the children in our care safe and healthy. No child will be admitted to Penguin Playground, or be permitted to remain in the Day Care, who is too ill to be in day care.
Reservations are charged in full when booked and are non-refundable. Any change or cancellation requested within 2 days of the lesson date will be charged a fee of 20% of each reservation. Cancellations on the day of will result in a full forfeiture. All balances are good at Okemo for 1 calendar year and can be used around the resort except for culinary and lodging.