Curling Clinic - SOLD OUT
Monday, Feb. 19
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Location: Ice House, Jackson Gore Village
Do you recall watching the last Winter Olympics? Did you watch the curling competitions and think "I wish that I could do that!"? Well the time to check out the sport of curling is now!
Join us for a 2 hour curling clinic hosted by Upper Valley Curling and the Woodstock Curling Club. The first 20 minutes are off-ice instruction. The following hour and a half are made up of on-ice instruction and game play. All curling equipment is provided by UVCC.
1 person - $35
4 people - $120
Begin with off-ice instruction:
- Overview of curling rules, strategy, scoring and etiquette
Followed by on-ice instruction:
- Demonstrations followed by instruction and drills to teach necessary skills such as:
- Sliding out of the hack
- Delivering a stone to the target
- Sweeping a stone down the sheet
- Groups are divided into 4 person teams for game play
- Instructors work with you through the entire experience
What to bring:
- Clean, rubber soled shoes (bring, don't wear)
- Warm, comfortable layers you can move in (there is a lot of squatting so pants need flexibility)
- Thin gloves, stretchy or loose fitting pants (no jeans or velour), and a hat if desired.