Before filling out an application, we’d like to share information about our resort so you can decide if Okemo Mountain Resort is a good fit for you. Please read What We Stand For and use it as a tool in the application process. We have also included information about Job Opportunities and Professionalism/The Team Look.
Okemo has established a refined Plan of how we create “The Okemo Difference” – we call this What We Stand For. It encompasses Our Principles, Our Dream, Our Plan and Our Values. Together they define “The Okemo Difference.”
Our Principles are what we stand for.
INTEGRITY – We treat others with integrity – Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
SUCCESS – We foster a culture of success.
DREAM – We dream of the future.
We will be Vermont’s authentic four season mountain resort where guests connect with the land and each other.
We move towards Our Dream by delivering “The Okemo Difference” for every internal and external guest.
Our values give us day-to-day direction. We will not compromise these values as we create “The Okemo Difference.”
SAFETY - Our team is focused on a safe workplace.
We think and act responsibly.
We care about each other.
SERVICE - We strive to exceed guest expectations.
We are Helpful and Friendly.
We deliver superior, branded experiences and products.
We pay attention to the details – we own our work.
Profitability – Financial profitability ensures resort and employee sustainability.
Environment – As good stewards of the land, we protect our spectacular natural environment.
Community – As responsible citizens, we enhance and support our local communities.
TEAMWORK - It takes all employees working together to be successful.
We are humble – there is no “I” in Team.
We are equals.
We respond positively to change.
In some ways Okemo is like a small town. We have many departments, all doing very different kinds of work. If you decide you want to work at Okemo, give thought to the following questions before applying and interviewing for a position:
- Do I enjoy being inside or outside?
- Do I enjoy interacting with other people or do I prefer being behind the scenes?
- Do I want to work days? Nights? Full-time? Part-time?
- Do I have specific skills that I hope to use in my job?
- Am I ready to be here when the guest is here? This means you will need to commit to work on weekends and holidays as needed.
If you interview for a position, please be prepared to ask any questions you have related to the position or Okemo Mountain Resort.
Professionalism at Okemo means being a role model for fellow staff. Such role model qualities include reliability, punctuality, and teamwork to name a few.
Professionalism includes The Team Look, which is tremendously important and encompasses both cleanliness and appearance. All employees are expected to be groomed and dressed in a neat and clean manner appropriate to their job. Some of the more important elements include:
- Uniforms & Nametags – Issued uniforms and nametags must be worn during work hours. Each department has a dress/uniform code which is extremely important for the overall look of your department.
- Hair – Extreme hairstyles such as Mohawks or dreadlocks and unnatural colors are not permitted. Hair should be neatly trimmed, clean and attractively styled.
- Jewelry & Tattoos – We have guidelines for size of ear gauges and plugs, and number of earrings on ears. No eyebrow, tongue, other facial or visible body piercings are permitted at work. In general, tattoos must not be visible to our guests.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information. We hope Okemo fits your expectations. You must be willing to adhere to these standards should you be hired for a position. If so, we suggest you take the next step and fill out an application for employment.