Whether your family is here for the week or just a weekend, the kids will definitely want to check out Camp Gokemo. Operating six days a week (closed Sundays), campers ages 4-13 years will enjoy Vermont summertime fun with daily indoor and outdoor activities, arts and crafts, and a different theme each week , taking advantage of all the beauty and adventure that Vermont mountain countryside can deliver. Days are filled with themed activities , organized games and sports, swimming and crafts.
- 8:30am – 9am: Check-in
- 9am - 10am: Playground & games
- 10am - 11am: Large group games*
- 11am - 12pm: Pool
- 12pm - 1pm: Lunch
- 1pm - 2pm: Nature
- 2pm - 3pm: Themed crafts
- 3pm - 4pm: Themed group activities
- 4pm - 4:30pm: Music & pick-up
... and our planned weekly themes for 2018:
June 17 - 22 Challenge Yourself: All about making new friends, challenging yourself, and trying new things including a trip to the Challenge course.
June 24 - 29 Crazy Funky Art: All about creating art in unexpected ways with unexpected materials including making a nature self-portrait.
July 1 - 6 Color Week: All about team spirit, working together, and group games including relay races and fun group competitions.
July 8 -15 Building Week: All about building structures including a group marshmallow and toothpick challenge.
July 15 - 20 Crazy about Rocks: All about rocks, building and creating with them including a group rock mosaic.
July 29-27 Wilderness Survival: All about learning wilderness skills including a compass scavenger hunt.
July 29 - August 3 Science Week: All about crazy cool science experiments including a trip to the Montshire (for an additional fee).
August 5 - 10 Nature Week: All about enjoying the beautiful nature around us including an optional scenic chairlift ride and picnic at the top.
August 12 - 17 Water Week: All about enjoying water including water relays, water balloon fights, and pool games.
August 19 - 24 Peace Out Summer: All about seeing how far you’ve come and saying goodbye to summer including a second visit to the Challenge course.
*Weekly trips to the Adventure Zone, weather permitting. Camp Gokemo provides snacks and lunch, as well as any supplies needed for arts and crafts, games and activities.
Campers will need to bring: sunscreen, bug spray, swim wear, appropriate footwear (sneakers and flip flops), hats, sunglasses, and any specialty items and medications. We also recommend a change of clothes just in case and a water bottle.
REGISTRATION AND FEES:
Camp Gokemo runs Monday-Saturday, closed on Sundays. Advance registration is recommended for the daily program and required for week long campers and Saturdays. Sorry, there are no half-day programs available. To inquire about Camp Gokemo or make your reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-228-1600.
- $69 per child
- 10-pack, $430**
- 20-pack, $795**
- 40-pack, $1400**
- VT Residents, please call for rates
- Discounts for lodging guests, please call 802-228-1600 for details.
**Camp 10, 20 and 40 packs must be purchased for each child in a family. They cannot be shared/used by more than one child.
RESERVATIONS AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
Reservations are charged in full when booked and are non-refundable. Any change or cancellation requested within 2 days of the reservation date will be charged a fee of 20% of each reservation. Cancellations of the day of will result in a full forfeiture. All voucher balances are good at Okemo for one calendar year and can used around the resort except for culinary and lodging.
ADDITIONAL NOTES FOR PARENTS:
- Registration for the Camp Gokemo programs ends promptly at 9 a.m.
- Late arrival may result in denial of enrollment. Please plan accordingly.
- Please pick up your children promptly from 4 - 4:30 pm.
- For Late pick-ups, Okemo reserves the right to charge $10 for each 15 minutes after your child's session ends.
- You will need to fill out a master information sheet for the season, which you can print out now and bring with you.
- Please notify our Camp Gokemo staff regarding any special needs including food allergies or dislikes, and any physical or medical considerations. This information should be detailed on the forms required at registration.
- You will also need to fill out a daily Security Release Form in order to release your child.
- Proper photo ID is required when you pick up your child.