Uphill Travel Policy
Okemo Mountain Resort and the Vermont Department of Forest and Parks encourage the use of public lands. Our goal is to do so while maintaining our commitment to safety and the guest experience here at Okemo.
During operating hours, we ask that all uphill traffic be limited to beginner and intermediate terrain, be done on the edge of the trail, and remain in a single file line. Access to lifts and terrain parks is reserved for ticket holders, and we do ask that all guests of the mountain adhere to the skier responsibility code which can be found on our trail maps.
Okemo Mountain understands the desire of winter enthusiasts to hike, ski, and snowshoe when our lifts are not running. However, Okemo Mountain Resort does not recommend the use of our terrain during non-operational times. Grooming, snowmaking and other operations take place 24 hours a day throughout the resort. Skiers and riders must understand that they may put themselves at great risk by being on the mountain while these operations are in progress.
If you do choose to use resort terrain during non-operational hours, you do so at your own risk, but we would like to help minimize the risks to you and to our staff by providing some guidelines.
- Outside of operating hours, grooming, snowmaking, snowmobiles, and other operations may occur at any time or at almost any place on the mountain.
- Wear bright and reflective clothing and use a bright light at night
- Avoid trails that have been recently groomed or have grooming in progress.
- Avoid trails with active snowmaking and never ski or ride over snowmaking hoses, as it puts our system and you at risk.
- Entering closed terrain is prohibited; it is the user’s responsibility to know what is open or closed. Terrain parks are closed outside of normal operating hours.
- Dogs must be under control at all times for the safety of our guests.
- Never ski or ride alone. Be prepared for changes in weather. Snow conditions at night can be much different than daytime conditions.
- Please Keep in mind that our ski patrol completes an end of the day sweep of the mountain after the lifts close for the day. Any emergency response following this sweep, will be significantly delayed and will be handled by outside agencies.
Okemo Mountain Resort offers a selection of Alpine Touring skis, climbing skins and AT boots for rent, during normal operating hours at the Clock Tower Base Lodge location. Please check out our Rental Centers page for more details and pricing. We telemark too!