Segway Personal Transport Tours
Segway® Personal Transporters are a unique mode of transportation and a great way to see Vermont! These gyroscopically-balanced transports are eco-friendly, easy to maneuver, silent, emit zero emissions, and are a blast to operate!
Your tour begins with a hands-on demonstration and safety orientation, followed by a skills and confidence building "obstacle course" before heading out on your tour. While both tours take you around Jackson Gore and the hills of Vermont, you can pick from one of two options.
Check out the Segway PT Tour FAQs document (PDF).
- The Introductory Tour lasts for about one hour. See some of the local history unique to Jackson Gore and experience the natural environment around us. This cost of this tour is $39. For lodging guests the cost is $29.
- The Off-Road Tour offers a little more adventure for the dare-devil in all of us moving from pavement to the real deal - Vermont's green mountain topography. This tour lasts 1.5 hours and the cost is $59. For lodging guests the cost is $49.
Segway® PTs are billed as "the world's first self-balancing human transporters." Dynamic Stabilization enables Segway’s self-balancing emulation to work seamlessly with the body's movements. Gyroscopes and tilt sensors in the Segway PT monitor a user's center of gravity about 100 times a second.
- Guests must be 14 years old to operate a Segway® and weigh between 100 and 250 lbs.
- Operators aged 14 and 15 must be accompanied on the tour by an adult.
- Operating a Segway® requires appropriate closed-toe footwear (no sandals).
- Drivers must sign a liability waiver in advance of the tour, with an adult signature required for minors.
- Tours are available during the summer and fall months, with reservations highly recommended. For more information or to inquire about booking a tour, please call 802-228-1600.